History

Print

 


  • In 1899 South Indians were taken in to Sri Lanka for labor work. Those people were tracking from Colombo to upcountry through Kurunegala, in that period; to treat those people Kurunegala hospital was first established here.

  • The missionary mothers were the first to work here in this hospital. In 1905 trained nurses were taken over the hospital work.

  • In 1942 the current administrating building was established. The nurse’s training school was started in 1957 in the hospital premises (this is one of the oldest NTS in Sri Lanka).

  • North Western Province (NWP) is one of the nine provinces of Sri Lanka. This province consists of two districts namely Kurunegala and Puttlum. Kurunegala is the largest district of the two. The total population of NWP is 2157711. The population in Kurunegala district is 1452399 and Puttlum has the population of 705342.

 


 

 

CONTACT US

 
ADDRESS
Colombo Road,
Kurunegala,
Sri Lanka.

PHONE
+94 372222261/63
+94 372233906/08

FAX
+94372224131

E MAIL
infothkurunegala@gmail.com.

LOCATION

Follow us on...

facebook tweeter google plus youtube feedburner
 
Saturday 10th December 2016 . Copyright© kurunegalahospital || Sri Lanka - All Rights Reserved